Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fuel Up Wednesday: My favorite food blogs

A tiny New York kitchen
Let's be honest. The "Local Wednesday" post idea never worked very well. While the theme was initiated with good intentions, I am too  spontaneous (or too disorganized) to successfully post on local outdoorsy events before they happen. Heck, after they happen.

Instead, let's turn to the other passion in my life: food. 

I'm not a health nut and I'm not a master chef. I do love to cook, though, and the food I put in my body changes with the seasons and the activities of my life. In all its delicious and complex glory, food is fuel.

A number of fantastic food bloggers inspire my cooking, and I'm looking forward to featuring them on Wednesdays. After all, what better way to get through a rough week than a comforting meal? 

This healthy blog features American-style Italian and Tex-Mex cooking, perfect for feeding families and husbands. Think buffalo sauces, pasta casseroles, chicken bakes, and football food -- but with a Weight Watcher's twist.

When I want to challenge myself with an elaborate and time-consuming dish, I go here. These elegant vegetarian recipes, crafted by two young artistic parents in Stockholm, are not for the timid or unadventurous. I am in love with their beet bourguignon (yes, beet with a 't') and no-rice risotto with chard.

Now that I'm writing about this blog, I don't think I've actually made any of their recipes yet! But the pictures are absolutely beautiful, and I read every post.

Monstrously green but oh so yummy!
My inner vegan has a crush on this blogger. Although I'm not faithful vegan myself, I love experimenting with her recipes. They are delicious, refreshing, and fun. This blog is also the source of my dangerous Green Monster addiction.

This was the the first food blog I ever followed religiously. Try her Summer Succotash Quesadillas with Nacho Mmmm Sauce or her Noodle Salad with Peanut Mmmm Sauce, and you'll understand how she wooed me.

With a wonderfully organized labeling system that includes categories like "Cowboy Meals," "16-minute meals," and "canning," this blog offers awesome down-home do-it-yourself resources.

Santa Fe chicken a la Skinny Taste
Gina's recipes always hit the spot. From breakfasts and smoothies to slow cooker meals and easy weeknight dinners, Skinny Taste has an amazing range of delicious recipes.

I can't remember how I stumbled across this blog, but I was very excited when I re-discovered that this family lives in Utah! It's fun to cook along with someone who also shops at Utah farmer's markets — our veggie seasons are in sync! Their corn chowder recipe inspired a slow cooker spin off of my own.

What food blogs do you follow? Where do you find your cooking inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment