Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fuel Up Wednesday: Hearty miso soup

This weekend, I was temporarily knocked flat by a weird one-day flu. Although it was short, it was bad enough to make my body incapable of consuming anything but orange juice, crackers, and soup.

We have a huge tub of miso in our fridge from a previous recipe, so I decided to try making miso soup instead the usual chicken-noodle remedy. I always prefer chunky soups to bowls of broth, so I set out to find a recipe for a hearty miso soup.



That's exactly what I found! This recipe is delicious, comforting, healthy, and filling.



My grocery store didn't have dried shitake mushrooms, so I used these intriguing (and delicious!) wood ear mushrooms instead. I also used more bok choy in place of the seaweed.

This recipe is definitely a permanent addition to the list of "get well" soups! What recipes do you use as wintertime flu remedies?

1 comment:

  1. Miso soup sounds like a great alternative to chicken noodle. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete